- Two subjects from the language group.
- One from each of the other four groups.
- One more from any of the five groups.
Students who qualify for the Cambridge ICE award will be placed in one of three categories:
- Distinction –– Grade A or better in five subjects and grade C or better in two subjects.
- Merit– Grade C or better in five subjects and grade F or better in two subjects.
- Pass– Grade G or better in seven subjects.
An important benefit that Cambridge ICE offers is that students can demonstrate competence across a wide range of subjects and skills. Cambridge ICE carries greater currency in its own right in those countries where it is popular.