The students study the following subjects in their primary years from Grade 1–5
- Oral —listening and speaking
- Visual —viewing and presenting
- Written – reading and writing
- Hindi/French (2nd language options)
- Kannada (Regional language study)
- Data handling
- Shapes and space
- Pattern and function
- Living things
- Earth and space
- Materials and matter
- Forces and energy
- Human systems and economic activities
- Social organization and culture
- Continuity and change through time
- Human and natural environments
- Resources and the environment
Information & Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Learn to use a wide range of digital tools, media and learning environments
- Learn to investigate, create, communicate, collaborate, organize and be responsible for their own learning and actions.
- Learn to make connections and understand its relevance and applicability in everyday lives.
- Develop and apply strategies for critical and creative thinking, engage in inquiry and apply new understandings and skills in different contexts.
- Use resources from the library such as collections of fiction, non-fiction, magazines, and research materials to enhance learning.
- Borrow books from the library and read at home along with parents.
Personal, Social & Physical Education
Physical Education Programme
The objectives of the programme are to
- Reinforce sport techniques in speed of execution, precision, and power.
- Bring awareness on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and the importance of physical activity in daily lives.
- Bring awareness of space, direction and levels in relation to others and their environment.
- Develop basic skills involving agility, flexibility, strength, response and coordination.
- Diversify, refine, combine and link the acquired skills into more advanced tactics and strategies.
- Combine the movements to create sequences refining basketball, soccer, volleyball, yoga/taekwondo, athletics skills.
The programme focuses on Fun/action – acceptance, participation, connect with self and earth for Grades 1 & 2. For Grades 3 – 5, the focus is on skill building, teams, moral values, develop and become good human being.
- Fitness (All Grades)
- Fundamental Movements (Grade -1-2)
- Adventure Activities (Grade – 1-2)
- Basketball (Grade 3 – 5)
- Soccer (Grade 3 – 5)
- Volleyball (Grade 3 – 5)
- Athletics (Grade 3 – 5)
- Swimming (Grade 1 – 5)
- Yoga (Grades 1 – 5)
- Exploring dances, gaining both a physical and theoretical understanding
- Individual investigation
- Developing creative aspect of making dances; composing original work
- Movement skills appropriate to the dancer’s performance
- Clarity in relationship to space, time, dynamics and movement qualities appropriate to the work
- Communicative expression in relation to other performers and to the audience
- Singing and movement through the study of melody and rhythm
- Developing reading and simple notation skills.
- Singing, playing instruments, listening, reading and writing music through the study of melody, rhythm, harmony and form.
- Songs and compositions from around the world.
- Focus on the elements of art and the creative process.
- Explore a wide variety of materials and tools.
- Exposure and response to artifacts and artwork of varied origins and reflect on self and others artwork.
- Self-awareness about one’s interest and preferences in art.
- Aware of the elements and principles of art and design
- Make independent choices about tools, media and materials appropriate for one’s artwork.
- Examine artwork and artifacts from different periods and make predictions about their function.
- Reflect on one’s own work and the work of others with sensitivity and appreciation.